Cool fall weather is here and I find myself drawn to everything pumpkin! So today, I’ve got some delicious homemade pumpkin scones for you.
These tasty scones are full of great fall spices. They’re nice and moist, not dry like a lot of scones can be. The vanilla spiced glaze on top adds a nice sweet contrast to the spiced pumpkin flavors. If you love pumpkin and you’re looking for a simple recipe, this one’s a must try!
from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3 tablespoons half-and-half
1 large egg
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat; set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with fit the paddle attachment, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Add the butter and toss with a fork to coat with the flour mixture.
3. Mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the butter pieces no larger than small peas.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, half-and-half and egg. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and form the dough into a ball. Pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a 1-inch thick rectangle about 4 inches by 12 inches. Use a large knife to slice the dough making three equal portions. Cut each of the portions in an X pattern (four pieces) so you end up with 12 triangular slices of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until light brown. Place on wire rack to cool.
6. Combine all of the ingredients for the spiced glaze. Drizzle over each scone and allow the icing to dry before serving.