We enjoyed my super simple recipe for Brown Sugar Bourbon Crockpot Chicken so much that I decided to snag another flavor of the McCormick Grill Mates marinade packets to use. This time I went with the Chipotle Pepper one and decided to make shredded chicken in the crockpot to use for taco night.
This time I added a few additional ingredients along with the marinade mixture but it’s still quick and easy. This shredded chicken tasted great in soft taco shells but could be used a lot of other ways too; quesadillas, salads, nachos and more!
Chipotle Pepper Shredded Chicken
1 – 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet McCormick Grill Mates chipotle pepper marinade mix
(1/2) 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I prefer Red Pack)
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1. In a small mixing bowl; whisk together the marinade mix according to directions on packet. Stir in half can of the diced tomatoes and the taco seasoning, mix well.
2. Pour half of the mix in the bottom of the crockpot. Layer thawed chicken breasts on top and pour remaining marinade mix over the chicken.
3. Cook on high for around 3 hours or until chicken starts to fall apart. Remove chicken from the crockpot and set on a cutting board. Shred chicken breast and toss back into crockpot.
4. Pour sauce into a separate bowl or container. I poured my sauce in a gravy separator so I could strain away the oil and keep the good juices. Pour just enough of those juices, over the chicken, to moisten and flavor the chicken without making it sopping wet.
5. Keep warm in crockpot until ready to serve. Enjoy!