I’ve been anxiously awaiting the delivery of my new ice cream machine since last week. So when it came yesterday, I didn’t waste any time! I’m putting this bad boy to work, especially since it’s gonna be 90° here again tomorrow. The first recipe I tried today is this thick and rich chocolate peanut butter.
Wowzers, it is delicious! It has a strong peanut butter taste so a little bit goes a very long way. I made some homemade whipped cream to go on top too. Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
2 cups half & half
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1. In a large pan, whisk to combine the half and half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil and begins to foam up.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter, whisking to blend thoroughly.
3. Refrigerate the mixture to chill thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Eat it or freeze it for later!
Vanilla Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. With your mixer, beat cream on high until it starts to thicken.
2. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Continue beating on high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.