Who wants to wait for an outdoor campfire to be able to enjoy some gooey marshmallow and chocolaty goodness? Not me! I want to be able to enjoy the yummy flavor of smores without the campfire. So even in the winter when it’s cold and snowy outside, I can still enjoy a warm smores bar.
Believe me, everyone of all ages will enjoy these baked smores bars. And you don’t have to even get all nerved out about your kids falling in the fire as they roast their marshmallows. It may not be as fun to your kids but they’ll still love the end results. Soft graham cracker bars, similar to a blondie bars, threaded with milk chocolate and marshmallow cream. Yummy!
Baked Smores Bars
from Recipe Boy
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 jar Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil. In a medium bowl, mix together the crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend the softened butter and the brown sugar until creamy and smooth. Beat in the eggs til combined.
3. Slowly add the crumb and flour mixture to the butter mixture. Beat until well mixed. Divide dough in half.
4. Press 1/2 of the dough into the foil lined baking pan. Evenly spread the marshmallow cream on top. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the marshmallow. Then top with remaining graham cracker dough in blobs. You won’t be able to spread the dough out but that’s ok, you want the chocolate and marshmallow to ooze out.
5. Bake for around 30 minutes or until dough starts to brown. Let cool then remove from foil and cut into squares.